The Stomach Flu



So yesterday evening the stomach flu hit our house. The older boys have been pretty sick. Noah had a stretch today where he was feeling better and decided he wanted to eat, and he wanted to eat what he wanted not the nice bland food we were trying to give him. His little two year old mind could not understand why we would not feed him what he wanted. Let me tell you, it is hard to tell a cute little two year old who is begging for food that he can't have it. When I did give in one time he got sick all over again and started puking. I learned my lesson but he didn't. When round two of feeling better came around he was begging for all sorts of food again.
I couldn't help but think that is so much like us and God. So often we ask God for something and we think we know what's best. When he doesn't answer right away or the way we want we can get so upset about that. We don't understand what God is doing and think He must have messed up. Noah wanted that food so badly but I knew it would only harm him. I knew much more in the situation that Naoh did, he just couldn't understand it. If only we would always rest in the fact that God is sovereign and Omniscient. He is in control of all things and knows what is best for us. We need to trust Him and not our limited knowledge and biased minds.
Take our house, for instance. If I had my way, our house (which we are trying to sell) would have sold 5 months ago. Instead though, I remind myself every day that God knows what is best for us and it will sell if and when he knows is best for us. I am thankful for such a wonderful, all-knowing, loving Father.

Comments

Qtpies7 said…
Thank you for such a great post! I really needed to hear that. We've been having one bad thing after another happen, including having a run in with a semi today, and I just don't know where God is leading us, it feels like its going to be to homelessness somedays!
I know God is in control, and I only want God's will for my life, no matter what, but I still don't want to go through THIS much stuff. I have to keep reminding myself that God has a plan, or He wouldn't allow all this to keep happening.
Joy said…
Hey, whatdayaknow, your house sold!
I guess it was in His time.

Popular Posts