Tribute to Amazing Friends

This post is to say thank you to the amazing friends God has placed in our life! We recently returned home from being at camp for two weeks. We are always totally exhausted when we get home. So I walked in the house feeling just that way and was met with truly one of the most incredible surprises of my life! While we were gone one of our friends got together several of our other friends and went to work on our house. They brought someone in who textured our dining room, kitchen, and hallway. Then our friends painted all three of those areas. Painting here is no small task as we have vaulted ceilings and angles. The one friend new exactly what colors I wanted and what type of texturing I wanted. Then on top of that, which was more than I could wrap my head, around they cleaned our house so it was spotless, washed sheets and made beds, planted flowers and mowed all our lawn (also a big undertaking). Cleaning our house was no small task either after the spraying of the texture. Between the whole group of them they put in many hours at our house. I honestly had tears as I looked around and realized all that they had done! For a year the task of texturing and painting had been looming over me with no time to do it in the near future.

To those of you who did this for us, there is truly no way for us to tell you how much we appreciate what you did. You blessed us beyond measure and we feel totally unworthy of having friends like all of you. I have no idea why God has surrounded us with so many wonderful people but we are so thankful for them! I hope and pray that we can bless the lives of others around us as much as these friends have done for our lives, not just in this but in their friendship as a whole. Here are some pictures that don't begin to do justice to what they did here. One is the rust/red color in my kitchen, the other is the dining room and the last a perfectly made bed waiting for us. I wish you could see the texturing, stop by and check it out some time!



Comments

Susan said…
Looks FANTASTIC! We are so thankful as well that God has blessed you with such wonderful friends!
Joy said…
I think your friend is scheduled to paint my stairs next week. :)
Debbie said…
You guys I am sure are a blessing to many which is why these friends wanted the opportunity to bless you. I have no doubt that in some way you will continue to bless these friends & others around you. Friends are a wonderful blessing from the Lord.
sharbear said…
Yay for paint and friends!

Popular Posts