It is the life for me

"Why?" some people ask

Why would I want to live in the country?


Well . . .


let me tell you




Because



because there are fewer distractions and it is a great place for families to connect




because there are many places for adventurous souls to explore





because
there are wide open spaces and creation manifests the magnificence of God constantly





because
God has placed us here and given us many opportunities to glorify Him with all the "space" we have






because my heart and the heart of the man I love thrives here





So . . .


you may ask, will we always live here?


I don't believe in ever using the word always. We have no intentions of moving now or in the future. However, I don't think it is right to say we will always live here, or we will never move. The only "ALWAYS" in our vocabulary is, we always want to be in the center of God's will for our lives. I hope and pray that we would be ready and willing to do anything and go anywhere in order to stay in the middle of God's will for our lives.

You see, it doesn't matter how great a place is. If it is not where God wants you, it will be the most miserable place in the world to be. And, it doesn't matter how terrible a place may seem, if God is calling you there then there is no better place on earth to be.

So, I love the country! I would love to live here for the rest of my days on this earth. I have no idea if that will be the case, and that's okay.



Because



I know for sure, I ALWAYS want to be in the very center of God's will. That is the life for me!



Comments

Susan said…
So good Kim, thanks. Love, love the pics!!
Tengesdal 4 said…
Amen! Amen! Amen! My heart rejoices with you as you describe your "always".... I was thinking about you guys today and had to smile as I thought back to when we first met... Life has sure changed, hasn't it?!? :)
Homegrown Tribe said…
oh I love this post! We are enjoying the country right now too... maybe making it our always.

love the pictures of you and your hubby!

britt
sharbear said…
Oh, man. I am a huge fan of the pictures. And amen to everything you have said about living in the country! I am so thankful that it has been such a huge part of my life, and sometimes I ache knowing that it might not always be.

I was just thinking about your "never say never" this weekend. Still, I do have just ONE never that I firmly will ALWAYS say never to. I'm pretty sure you know what that is. :)
Jill K said…
So great to hear your heart and see these sweet pics. I love you dear friend!!!
Stacey said…
What great family memories!! Love the pictures and what a great reminder of Gods beauty and love!
Me said…
Amen!! So very true, and when you know you are right in the center the joy is overwhelming!
Drifters said…
Loved the picture's. We just got finished with sugar beet's and Grandpa always enjoy's getting back on the farm and doing some field work while there also. I have wonderful memories of growing up on the farm!
Stacey said…
What great family memories!! Love the pictures and what a great reminder of Gods beauty and love!
jillian said…
So great to hear your heart and see these sweet pics. I love you dear friend!!!

Popular Posts