Swimming in Berries

We had such a fun time as a family this last weekend. Our family this summer has included one of the teen girls that serves with us in the CYIA program. She has been living with us this summer when she is not out teaching 5-Day Clubs in other places. It has been a joy to have her here this summer. The kids love having her around, and so do we!

This last weekend we just hung out here a bit on Friday night, then on Saturday we had promised the boys we would go swimming. So, we packed everybody up and headed into the local pool. It was a great time despite the fact that the water was a bit on the cold side. After that, we loaded up and went out to my in-laws' farm where we had supper and went berry picking. Grandma watched the babies while the rest of us went on a bumpy, adventurous ride out to the patch that Grandpa had spied a few days before. The branches were heavy with berries and we all had fun picking...and eating!

We wrapped up our weekend with a spontaneous "Bring Your Own Meat BBQ" at our house with old friends and some new friends from church. Todd and I have discussed lately how there really is no ideal time to have people over. Our life is always so random and crazy, so we need to just jump at parties when we have a chance. So, that is exactly what we have been doing for the last few months and what we did on Sunday. It was a lot of fun and once again we were reminded what great friends God has blessed us with.

KR, the girls are so funny. They love to sit in the grass which is not every babies favorite past time.

Our little sweeties LOVE to be outside.

My middle man being his crazy self!

The big man going off the diving board at the pool

Todd and the little man going down the slide

My men, I sure love them!

Headed down the trail to pick berries

The boys in the middle of the patch

The little man and me, he got a bigger kick out of throwing the berries...so we tried to occupy him with other things

It was nice to see Todd take a break and enjoy some time with the kids in the midst of extreme craziness right now with camp only days away

Comments

Joy said…
Looks like lots of fun!
sharbear said…
Yay! I love grassy babies. Other things I like: "No bread for you!"
Drifters said…
So glad you had some time to enjoy yourself. We have been so busy and the summer flying by so we also just pick a day and called our neighbors and are having 11 for dinner tomorrow evening.
The girl's are getting so big!!
Looks like fun! We are having the same struggle with making time. Way to go on making the most of the time you have!
Susan said…
Looks like tons of fun, way to relax before the crazyness begins!! Praying you have wonderful camps...girls look so toddlerish! :)
Looks like so much fun! Love the pics!
Jessica Klein said…
I have to tell you that this is the very same patch area I grew up having "family time", as my mom loved to call it. Even though I often complained about it when I got older, I have special memories from all the time spent picking berries! Enjoy! I truly love seeing your beautiful family on the farm.
Jessica Klein said…
I have to tell you that this is the very same patch area I grew up having "family time", as my mom loved to call it. Even though I often complained about it when I got older, I have special memories from all the time spent picking berries! Enjoy! I truly love seeing your beautiful family on the farm.
Susan said…
Looks like tons of fun, way to relax before the crazyness begins!! Praying you have wonderful camps...girls look so toddlerish! :)

Popular Posts